Video : DVR Programming Tips
If you subscribe to LUS Fiber’s Whole Home DVR service, you can control live TV! Your Whole Home DVR records up to 90 minutes of the channel you are currently watching. This means you can pause, replay and record what you’re watching so that you never miss a thing.
Pause or Restart a Program
1. Press PAUSE on your remote to temporarily stop a live TV program.
2. A progress bar will appear onscreen which will show you the start and end times of your current program, how much time has elapsed and at what point you paused the program. The program will remain paused for up to 90 min. If you cannot return to your program in 90 minutes, simply press record so that you can resume viewing when you are ready.
3. Press PLAY at any time to resume viewing.
Replay Part or All of a Program
1. Press REW to rewind the program you are currently watching.
2. A progress bar will appear onscreen. This will show you the start and end times of your current program and will indicate how far you can go back in time.
• Press REW up to three times to rewind at increasing speeds.
• Press REPLAY to skip back in 7-second increments.
3. Press PLAY anytime to resuming viewing.
Fast Forward or Return to the Program
If you have paused, replayed or used the rewind feature while watching live TV, you can use the FF and FWD buttons on your remote to go forward in time.
1. Press FF to fast-forward through your program.
2. A progress bar will appear onscreen. This will show you the start and end times of your current program and will indicate how far you can go forward in time.
• Press FF up to three times to advance at increasing speeds.
• Press FWD to fast-forward in 30-second increments.
3. Press FF or FWD until you reach the end of the green bar in the progress indicator to return to live viewing.
Record the Program You’re Watching
1. Press RECORD to begin recording the program you are watching. The recording feature is not available with Video on Demand or Pay Per View.
2. A “Recording” message will appear onscreen and the record LED will light up red on the front of your HD or HD/DVR Digital Receiver to indicate that it is in record mode.
3. Press STOP to end the recording at any time and then press OK. If you do not manually stop the recording it will automatically stop at the program’s scheduled end time.
NOTE: Your Whole Home DVR gives you the ability to watch or record up to three programs at the same time whether they are standard definition or high definition.
4. Once your recording is complete it will be saved under the program’s title.
Add Extra Recording Time to the End of the Program
If you think that the program you are recording will go over its scheduled end time, you can add time to the end of the recording. This happens often with sporting events and season finales.
1. Press INFO after the program has begun recording. Use the arrow keys to select Record settings and press OK.
2. Select Stop recording and press OK.
3. Select the amount of time you would like to add to your recording. Press OK.
4. Use the left arrow key to select Save changes and press OK.
5. Select Watch and press OK. This will return you to your program.
Download the LUS Fiber Video Guide PDF